Monday, 23 November 2009

I am not alone

It's been a tough weekend. First of all, D's grandmother passed away on Saturday, which in itself, is awful. But I've also been thrown, feet first, into the world of single parenting. And it's bloody not easy. Naturally, there was no option, and I don't think for a single second that D shouldn't have flown out to the U.S. to be with his family. But there's no doubt that caring for an eight month old baby 24 hours a day on your own is no walk in the park.

Coming to work this morning was almost a relief. I seriously don't know how the carers at nursery do it all day, everyday. They need to be saluted. Anyway, when I came in this morning, I read this post and it made me smile. That could be my life Alyson's talking about. I'd love to roam around Kennington Park, swaddled in cashmere and my Uggs and kick the leaves around whilst entertaining my son. And then effortlessly pull on my Vivianne Westwood suit (which I don't have, this is in my dream, you understand) on Monday morning and swan out of the door looking together and collected. In reality, trying to do everything usually ends up with me doing about 90% and spending the other 10% permanently trying to catch up.

In exciting news though, I made H's first Christmas sack at the weekend. It was a practice one - but it's come out well, so I'm going to use anyway. It's not like he won't have enough presents to fill several sacks! This week, in the evenings, I'm going to attempt the advent calendar and a couple of stockings. I'm loving Christmas already. If you love it too, you should visit Lite FM - it's a New York radio station that plays only Christmas music between now (Thanksgiving for them) and Christmas. I love it - it drives D crazy, but he's not here, so he'll never know! Check it out if you love Christmas as much as I do... Lite FM

No comments:

Post a Comment